Menu Plan Monday 11/27/17

Painting with a Twist is an activity that is so much fun, especially during the holidays.  Not only do you get to socialize with some of your friends during the festive season, you also bring home your creation!  

My goal for the next few weeks is to focus on house improvements which are going to monopolize most of my brain power.  I've made an over the top detailed list of "all the things" for  my project even though I have and always will have champagne tastes on a beer budget..  Luckily, Ty will be on winter break from school soon so he can help supervise the progress and accept deliveries on the days that he isn't working.  I know, I know...not the best time to start multiple home projects but when I'm finally ready, I am a woman on a mission.  I've planned and made numerous lists about doing this for about five years.  Envisioning the finished product is so exciting to me, like a kid on Christmas Eve.

**STAR RECIPE **

Gringa Mexican Rice

Cheese Board Tagalongs

 Cheese Board for a work lunch (I made salami rosettes)

Horrible photo, daylight savings time is hard, lol.  This casserole is a great change of pace that fulfills any junk food cravings you might have and also uses easily available freezer and pantry items.  I used crescent rolls as my dough since pizza dough wasn't an option in my frig.  It was super tasty although my sodium limit for the day was more than likely met at least twice.

Thanksgiving Day 2017
This is my best friend on the left, her brother, sister, and Mom.  We had a great day, and all of the food was truly delicious this year!  My family celebrates on the Sunday prior to Thanksgiving so my sons and I spend the actual holiday day with our friends.

I recently had an autoimmune flare that necessitated lots of medications including double doses of steroids to treat the inflammation that was causing not only pain but compromised perfusion in my extremities.  Of course, as a result, I am puffy and feeling a little chunky.  From past experience, I know that the puffiness/chunkiness will resolve as the medications work their way out of my system, but for now meals including lunches will be structured.  This doesn't mean I am restricting any specific foods (see chili dogs above) because I refuse to ever diet again, however I am reducing portion sizes and sticking closely with the plan.  Snacking is out for now.  To be honest, being "good" probably doesn't help that much but it makes me feel like I'm in control of my illness instead of the other way around.

MENU OPTIONS:

Green Salad with Rotisserie Chicken

Green Salad

Roasted Red Potatoes
Roasted Asparagus

Asparagus Leftovers

Leftover Baked Potatoes
Lima Beans


Have a great week!

This post is linked to orgjunkie.com

Comments