Menu Plan Monday 11/13/17


I have to get back on track with cooking dinner each evening.  Well, actually for two days each week I need to have homemade freezer or crock pot meals ready to go.  I have forgotten what school (even one class) does to my desire to plan and cook.  I'm only hesitant to do slow cooker meals because all of the recipes I have are just too much with too many leftovers.  Neither myself nor Ty seem to have a huge appetite these days but then again, I haven't made anything that we find super exciting.  The weather this upcoming week lends itself to one pot easy meals and since I'm not trying to win any cooking contests with this menu plan I hope to be comforted and pleasantly surprised. 

Here are a few HIGHLIGHTS from the last couple of weeks:
  Barbecued Ham

Cauliflower Mashed Potatoes

Ham and Roasted Butternut Squash Nachos

Leftover Baked Potato Hash with Chicken

That's really about the extent of my cooking, if you can even call it that.  I've freely used my pantry and freezer contents to throw together some pretty bizarre dinners that definitely didn't warrant photographic evidence.  Let's just agree that cheese played a central theme in all things dinner.

DINNER OPTIONS:



Black Bean Soup-make half, serve with rice {To do: brown hamburger, brown chicken, chop onions}

Gringa Mexican Rice-use leftover rice, green veggie

Chipotle Pumpkin Spaghetti-use bucatini, freeze half for a rainy day {To do:  put hot dogs in the frig}

Cheese Dogs-green veggie {set up the crock pot}


A fairly boring menu for this week, but two of the days have items that can be cooked for a long period of time in the crock pot or on top of the stove.  My class with required attendance is on Wednesday and Thursday and starts about an hour after I get home after work.  If I don't eat before class, it's too late after....going to bed with a full belly makes me feel like a sloth.  The last two weeks have been a mad rush and ended with dinner options that were neither healthy or tasty.  This plan will alleviate my option to run through the drive through on the way home.  I also won't be eating french fries while on live webcam, a fact that will surely please my classmates.

Have a great week!

This post is linked to orgjunkie.com



Comments