National Pizza Day 2017, Who Knew?


I topped mine with chopped chicken, sauteed mushrooms and peppers, sun dried tomatoes, fresh spinach, green olives, feta, and swiss cheeses over a thin stretched crust pre baked  at 450 degrees for about four minutes.


Yesterday, I worked hard.  Like, really, really hard.

I arrived at work at 5:30 am and never stopped moving until about 4:00 pm when I sat in my car to drive home.

On the ride home, I knew with every fiber of my being that I was absolutely, positively not cooking anything from my carefully designed meal plan that laughably {at least in reality} took in to account my aforementioned busy-ness for the week.  As a matter of fact, cereal with milk was in my immediate vision for my future.  Getting an early shower, being in my jammies by 7:00 pm sounded divine, until my Ty, well....he done went and had himself "a great idea".  "Let's make homemade pizza dough, Mom" he said, to which I replied "I don't want to be involved, I'm watching my dvr shows and I'm quite happy sitting very, very still".    He, with his characteristic persistence, broke me down after only a few minutes of intermittent badgering {he's found that type to work best} and obtained my reluctant agreement to semi-participate in this venture on a work/school night.  In Ty's defense, he did most of the work even cleaning up after himself and shaping the pies.

I'm working at a different job today, and I was infinitely surprised when  I opened my job calendar and learned that yesterday was National Pizza Day.  I was participating and I didn't even know it...hmmm..did Ty?  Probably, lol.

Ty went all the way with everything but the kitchen sink on his, even brushing fresh garlic infused butter over the edges for flavor.

Comments